Family & General Dentisry
At our practice, we emphasize prevention. Regular checkups and excellent daily oral hygiene are the best defense against serious problems with your teeth and gums.
Education is a vital part of preventive care. During your regular visits, we will discuss best practices and answer any questions you might have, all with the goal of helping you maintain excellent oral health for life.
While you may not realize it, your six-month checkup is important to both your dental and overall health. Many serious diseases are linked to poor dental health, including respiratory illnesses. Early detection and treatment of problems like tooth decay and gum disease enables us to prevent small problems from becoming more severe.
Here is a short sampling of some of the preventive dental treatments:
- Oral Cancer Screening – it only takes few minutes, but it could save your life. This is part of a regular dental exam.
- X-Rays – to help us diagnose tooth decay, gum disease and other dental pathologies.
- Mouth Guards – custom made for you, sports mouth guards are designed to absorb and distribute the forces of impact and minimize traumatic injury.
- Dental Sealants – they prevent cavities from forming and the need for fillings later on.
- Hygiene Cleanings – it is a physical removal of disease – causing dental plaque and tartar from your teeth from hard to reach areas near the gum line.